Viera, FL– June 15, 2017-The USSSA Pride continue the 2017 season this Friday, June 16 at 8:05 p.m. ET, against the Scrap Yard Dawgs in a two-game series at Srap Yard Sports Complex in Houston, Texas.
The Pride currently stand at the top of the league with a 5-1 record. In six games, the Pride have scored 31 runs, with 7 home runs, 28 RBI and averaged a .450 slugging percentage. The Pride pitching staff has totaled 32 strikeouts and have averaged a 2.44 ERA. After losing the 2017 home opener the Pride have won five straight and have taken their first two series against the Racers and Bandits.
This upcoming series in Houston marks the first time the Pride will face the Scrap Yard Dawgs following a regular season record of 6-4 versus the Dawgs in 2016.
Fans can watch every Pride game all summer long on NPFTV.com.
Follow the Pride all season long on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all game or team updates.
Friday, June 16th 8:05 PM (EST)
Saturday, June 17th 8:05 PM (EST)
Pride Players to Watch:
- Kelly Kretschman: Kelly currently leads the league in on-base percentage (.667) and slugging percentage (1.067). She leads the Pride in home runs (2), tied with Sierra Romero, hits (8), batting average (.533) and on-base percentage.
- Sierra Romero: Is leading the Pride team in home runs (2), tied with Kelly Kretschman, and leads the Pride in RBI (6). She currently has the 3rd-best batting average on the team with .300 just behind Goodacre and Kretschman. Romero is also averaging a .500 on-base percentage. Romero hit her first grand slam of the season in the Pride’s 11-1 victory over the Chicago Bandits on June 13.
- Chelsea Goodacre: Has one home-run on the season with 6 hits, 4 RBI, 4 runs scored and has the 2nd best batting average on the Pride with .353 and a .389 on-base percentage. Goodacre had the game winning hit against the Bandits for a come from behind win in extras in the Pride’s fourth win of the season.
- Megan Wiggins: In, 6 starts, Megan currently leads the team in runs (6). She has 3 hits, 1 RBI, is hitting .214 and has an on-base percentage of .500.
- Keilani Ricketts: In 10 innings pitched, Keilani has struck out 9 batters and has an ERA of .00 with a 2-0 overall record.
Scrap Yard Dawgs Players to Watch:
- Monica Abbott: Finished the 2016 season asthe 2016 NPF pitcher of the year. So far this season, Abbott has struck out 17 batters in 12 innings pitched with one save on the season and averaging an ERA of 1.17.
- Allexis Bennett: Currently leads the Dawgs in hits (9) and is averaging .563 during 16 at-bats with 2 runs.
- Nerisssa Myers: Finished the 2016 season with a spot on the All-NPF team. So far this season, Nerissa is hitting .353 with 3 RBI, 1 HR and 6 hits.
- This series features three former Oregon players, one on the Pride roster, Courtney Ceo, and two on the Dawgs roster, Nikki Udria and Cheridan Hawkins.
- This series features three former Kentucky players, one on the Pride roster, Kelsey Nunley, and two on the Dawgs roster, Brittany Cervantes and Christian Stokes.
- This is the first time the Pride will face the Scrap Yard Dawgs this season.
About USSSA Florida Pride:
The USSSA Florida Pride is a professional franchise in the National Pro Fastpitch League that is owned and operated by USSSA. The amateur organization of USSSA has multi-sport coverage and encompasses teams and players from the United States and abroad.
About National Pro Fastpitch (NPF):
National Pro Fastpitch (NPF), an Official Development Partner of Major League Baseball since 2004, provides elite female athletes with an opportunity to pursue a professional career in fastpitch softball beyond their collegiate and amateur success. The NPF affiliate teams consist of the Akron Racers, Beijing Shougang Eagles, Chicago Bandits, Scrap Yard Dawgs, Texas Charge and USSSA Florida Pride for the 2017 season. National Pro Fastpitch players hail from the United States, Australia, Canada and China among which are the most accomplished and talented athletes in the sport of women’s softball.
USSSA is headquartered in Osceola County, Florida. USSSA is the World’s Largest Multi-sport Athletic Organization. Founded in 1968, USSSA has grown to over 3.7 million participants, competing in 13 nationally sanctioned sports including Baseball, Fastpitch, Slow Pitch, Karate, Basketball, Soccer and more! For more information on USSSA and to register your team visit USSSA.com. Also be sure to visit USSSAToday.com for the latest USSSA.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login