Kissimmee, FL– July 21st-The USSSA Pride will host the Akron Racers in a five game series at ESPN Wide World of Sports starting Wednesday July 22nd at 7:05 PM (ET) in Kissimmee, FL. This is the third and final series the Pride will host at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
Following a series loss the first time these two teams faced each other this season, the Pride came back to win series two against the Racers 3-1. The Pride and Racers split the double header but the Pride finished victorious to advance past the Akron Racers. Since this last series against Akron in early July, the Pride has won eight out of ten games and currently stands in first place at 23-9. Tonight the Rebellion and the Pride will face each other in game four. The series against the Pennsylvania Rebellion currently stands at 2–1.
First pitch for games one, two and three (July 22nd, 23rd, 24th) are set for 7:05 PM (ET). First pitch for game one of the double header is set for 7:00 PM (ET) while game two is scheduled for 9:00 PM (ET). Stay tuned for any updates on where to watch or listen live to this series against the Racers.
Follow the Pride all season long on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all game or team updates.
Pride Players to Watch:
- Jordan Taylor currently leads the NPF as well as the Pride in three pitching categories: saves (9), ERA (.31) and opposing batting average (.110).
- Kelly Kretschman went 6 for 14 (.429) with 3 RBI in the last series against the Racers tallying one double and a home run in games two and four respectively.
- Shelby Pendley hit two home runs in two separate games against the Racers. Pendley totals four on the season. Going 6 for 12 (.500) with 3 RBI and one double against the Racers in series two Pendley continues to be an important offensive asset.
- Veteran Natasha Watley also had a strong offensive output against the Racers going 8 for 15 (.533) with 1RBI and one double.
- Madison Shipman came through big for the Pride in extra innings against the Racers with the game winning double that brought in two to give the Pride the win in game four. Shipman totaled 5 RBI, added a homerun and a double to her 2015 stats in series two against the Racers.
Akron Players to Watch:
- Taylor Schlopy smacked a home run in the Pride loss against the Racers and totals 6 for the 2015 season. Schlopy is tied with Karino in leading the Racers with a .321 batting average and leads the Racers with 15 RBI.
- Kelly Montalvo went 2 for 3 in game two against the Pride. Montalvo added a double and a home run with 1 RBI. Montalvo leads the Racers with four doubles
- Sarah Pauly leads Akron in a few pitching categories with a 7-2 record and a 1.90 ERA. Pauly has also kept opposing batting averages to .214 and totals 36 strikeouts.
- This series features two former Alabama players, one on the Pride roster Kelly Kretschman and one on the Racers roster Kelly Montalvo. Kretschman graduated in 2001, while Montalvo graduated in 2009.
- This series features the second double header against the Akron Racers for the 2015 season. Originally, two double headers were scheduled for the 2015 season. Following a few rain delays there are now four double headers scheduled. In this particular series against the Racers, the third DH header of the season will be played.
- The USSSA Pride have won four out of seven games against the Akron Racers this season by a margin of at least two runs or more.
For tickets to the series you must purchase a daily pass to ESPN Wide World of Sports that is available only at ESPN WWOS box office located at 700 South Victory Way, Orlando, FL 34747.General admission prices are as follows: Adults (ages 10+): $17.00 Children (ages 3 – 9): $12.00.
Tickets for the 2015 NPF Championship Series are also on sale now at profastpitch.com! From August 14th-18th witness the best softball players in the world playing at the highest level at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium in Hoover, Alabama.
About USSSA Florida Pride:
The USSSA Florida Pride is a professional franchise in the National Pro Fastpitch League that is owned and operated by USSSA. The amateur organization of USSSA has multi-sport coverage and encompasses teams and players from the United States and abroad.
National Pro Fastpitch is headquartered in Nashville, TN. The league, created to give elite female fastpitch players the opportunity to pursue a professional career in their chosen sport, has operated since 1997 under the names of Women’s Pro Fastpitch (WPF) and Women’s Pro Softball League (WPSL). NPF is the Official Development Partner of Major League Baseball in the category of women’s fastpitch softball since 2002.
USSSA is headquartered in Osceola County, Florida. USSSA is the World’s Largest Multi-sport Athletic Organization. Founded in 1968, USSSA has grown to over 3.7 million participants, competing in 13 nationally sanctioned sports including Baseball, Fastpitch, Slow Pitch, Karate, Basketball, Soccer and more! For more information on USSSA and to register your team visit USSSA.com. Also be sure to visit USSSAToday.com for the latest USSSA.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login