ROSEMONT, Ill. –June 15, 2014- The Pride scored six unanswered runs to come from behind in game two, evening the series with a 6-1 victory over the Bandits.
The star of the game was veteran, Cat Osterman. The Pride’s ace pitched a complete game giving up one run on five hits. She struck out an impressive nine batters in her fourth win of the season. Michelle Gascoigne made the start in the circle for the Bandits, pitching 5.2 innings, giving up four runs on seven hits while striking out three batters.
Megan Wiggins put the Bandits on the board first in the bottom of the third with a solo blast to the right field bleachers, but the Pride came out in the top of the fourth to tie the game at one.
Madison Shipman gave the Pride their first lead of the game with a solo shot in the fifth inning which ended up being the winning run of the game.
The Pride scored two insurance runs in the sixth, taking a 4-1 lead off a GiOnna DiSalvatore RBI triple followed by an Andrea Duran single to plate DiSalvatore.
Sara Moulton came on in relief of Gascoigne with two outs in the sixth. She got out of the inning without giving up a run, eventually finishing out the game for the Bandits giving up two runs on two hits. Gascoigne suffered the loss, her first of the season.
The Pride’s offense wasn’t done just yet as they added two more runs in the top of the seventh. DiSalvatore’s third RBI of the game, a two run single, put the Pride up by five as they went on to win by a final score of 6-1.
- This was only the second game of the season the Bandits lost at the Ballpark at Rosemont.
- After giving up seven runs in the previous game, the Pride surrendered just one earned run in Sunday’s game.
- With today’s win, the Pride took back sole possession of first place in the NPF.
- Megan Wiggins’ homerun in the third was her first of the season.
- Emily Allard, one of the Bandits’ leading hitters, was injured after being hit by a pitch. She was replaced in left field by RT Cantillo to start the sixth inning and did not return in the game.
You must be logged in to post a comment Login